Thursday, April 7, 2011

Election 2011

This is about the 2011 Elections. I've been reading about it a lot in the newspapers and some of the things that the leaders are doing are questionable.
This is mostly about the Conservative party (Tories) leader, Stephan Harper. Apparently, his team have been kicking people out of his rallies. In the Metro newspaper, the headline for the article, which is on page 8, is titled "Stephan Harper doesn't want you at rallies ir you're less than true blue". Also, in yesterday's Metro newspaper, an article on page 8 as well, was titled "Tears flow as women ejected from Tory event". Both articles talked about how many, many people were kicked out at a rally for the Conservative party because Harper's team thought that they had connections to Liberal leader, Michael Ignatief, through online networking sites such as Facebook. One woman, a 19-year-old student broke into tears after she and her friends were forced out of a rally by an official, who then ripped off their name tags and tore them. There are also many other incidents, including one of a volunteer who helps homeless veterans. Stephan Harper's spokesperson apologized for the incident involving the 19-year-old student, but the Prime Minister, himself, seemed unfazed.  Also, reporters are restricted to five questions per day, individuals attending must register and show ID and the events rarely go into public places. "I think we're having good success getting people to come out. As I say, I think it's better when you're turning people away than when you can't get people to come." --Stephan Harper
I'm not saying that I'm against the Conservative party, but I just don't think that's the kind of person that I'd want representing me if I were able to choose/vote.
On a more pleasant note, Liberal leader, Michael Ignatief has just fired one of his Quebec candidates for making racist comments.  Andre Forbes, founder of the Association for the Rights of Whites, called aboriginals "featherheads" and "lazy".
He seems like someone that would make a good person to hang out with. I'm not saying that if you were to vote, it would be best to vote for the Liberals. Maybe Harper is better at business than Ignatief... You never know...
And I really feel the need to comment on what Stephan Harper said. ( "I think we're having good success getting people to come out. As I say, I think it's better when you're turning people away than when you can't get people to come.") I absolutely DO NOT AGREE with that. I guess I get his perspective from his point of view, but I don't think he's ever thought about another person's point of view. The people that you turn away, they have feelings. If you're having a rally, why not include everyone? Isn't that the first thinkg that we lean in school? Not to be exclusive? Why do you have to be "true blue"? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's how the ralles should work. Aren't the whole point of rallies supposed to convince people to vote for you? If you turn people away, you're not reaching that goal. I guess that maybe they're doing this for security purposes, if someone really hated the person that they'd want to assassinate him...
Just my opinion... Comment if you agree or don't agree.

lovelovelove
-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, comment! I'd love to hear from you. But, please be kind! I have feelings too. ;)