Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dad's Birthday (And Funny Story)

It's my dad's birthday today! In all these years, I've NEVER known his birthday. Hard to believe, I know, but it's true. I only found out when we were buying a cake (I was very confused at this point) and my mom nonchalantly mentioned that it was his birthday. (Then she gave my sister and I each a cookie)
Anyways, when we were in the car today, my dad randomly started telling us a REALLY funny story. And it's a true story. It actually happened. The story goes like this (And this happened in China, and it was told to me in Chinese. I'll do my best to translate): There was a guy who was driving. In front of him was a really, really old BMW. It was practically falling apart. On the back was a sign. It said "Old car, be nice" (Something along those lines) Underneath that, was something written in really, really, really, small writing. The person couldn't read it, so he inched his car forward. He still couldn't read it. Forward again. Still couldn't. He inched it forwards again. This time, he hit the car. Now he could read the small writing. What do you think it said? Guess. Seriously, guess.
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
Did you guess? Anyways, it said, (It's a lot funnier in Chinese, because of the wording and rhythm of the words, but...) "See? You hit it." Did you get that? The whole point was that you had to hit the car in order to see the writing. And once you read it, it was like it was talking to you. Anyways, I thought it was hilarious. I laughed for a long time. But if you didn't find it as funny as I did, I guess we just have different tastes...
I have so much homework! And our play is on Thursday! Now, time to get started on the homework pile...

lovelovelove
-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, comment! I'd love to hear from you. But, please be kind! I have feelings too. ;)